BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday

POST #6: It’s Showtime!


Nick Rapuano is a theatre major at Stella Adler college in New York. I could write paragraphs about Nick but like some of the others in my blog, his Q & A was so in depth that I didn’t even think that an introduction was necessary. I hope you all enjoy this interview. Nicks a funny one with an unbelievable talent. Keep your on Nick because the next place you’ll be seeing him is on the big screens...and I don’t mean the ones you can get at Best Buy ;-)

!!!! Q & A !!!!

When did you realize that you wanted to be a thespian?
(Ever since I was a kid, as cliche as it sounds, I've always found happiness in entertaining people, friends and family members In my bedroom to Disney films. It wasn't an attention thing, It's just I had so much fun doing it and others had fun watching so it's a good Win/Win.)

Do you like musical or straight theatre better?
(I do enjoy Musicals better, But I have no problem at all with straight plays. I am studying at a straight acting studio in New York. I see Straight plays are like pencil sketch of life. Black and white but the detail and shape are as realistic as a photograph. Musicals, on the other hand, are like paintings. Realistic in look, but also has a splash of color. Color being the music. I have written several Artist Inspired "Jukebox" musicals. And I am currently working on an original piece as well as other straight plays.)

What is it about theatre that you love so much?
(The moments when you are working in a play or scene and you get carried away with the person you are portraying so much that you become that person mentally. I love throwing myself into a role. I love working with people within those moments and affecting them, as actors, to lose themselves in their roles. The balance creates a whole other world for me. And I could do it every night if I had to.)

What would be your roll of a life time?
(The role of a lifetime for me would be Frankie Valli in the musical Jersey Boys. I've been training myself to sing his style for the past four years and I still continue to work and train myself enough to be able to contribute my talent to that show in anyway possible. I also would love to play either of the Four Seasons in that show. It really spoke to me as a musical fan and ever since I've seen it, it holds a special place in my heart and my life. Another role I would love to play would be Donald O'Connors role in Singin' In The Rain.)

What was on of the memorable parts you’ve played thus far?
(It would have to be when I played King Arthur in Lerner and Lowes CAMELOT. I've loved the show when I watched the film and after nailing the part in auditions I knew I would be able to take the journey of that incredible role. It still surprises me today that I have accomplished that role. I look back and think "How the hell did I remember all those lines?" The one role where i truly broke down and cried for having to hold it in throughout a monologue. I felt the heartbrokeness of Arthur in my own mind and body. And his conclusion gave me a burst of hope and joy... Okay, that was corny but, it's the truth.)

Why do you think it’s so important to have a passion in your life?
(Not having a passion in life is like having a treasure map without the treasure. You need to want something in life. Whether it is in theatre or athletics or anything! If you didn't have a passion or a goal in life you won't be able to look back on your journey in life.)

What’s your life moto?
("Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things" Life is going to give you problems. If they are small and you treat them as if they are the END OF THE WORLD then the even bigger problems will kill you. Positive is the best way to think. When you think positive, good things happen. If you think negative, good things may happen, but you will still be unhappy. Also you shouldn't pet anything that is sweaty. I know I wouldn’t)

Here is a few videos of Nick doing what he does best:

This first one is a serious piece from one of my favorite straight plays, Doubt:


This video is of Nick singing a song from the musical Jersey Boys:


Get Out and Discover!
-SLOVE-

0 comments: